Thursday, March 09, 2006

Not just a celebrity sighting, an actual celebrity interaction


So, you know how Brad Renfro started serving his 10-day jail sentence for drunk driving? Well, way back before he was a convicted felon, my friend Sarah had a little run-in with Brad and Ethan Embry at a bar, which ended in their hotel room. It's totally G rated, but still an awesome, genuine celebrity interaction:
This is a little after-the-fact, but in mid-December my friend and I were at Joshua Tree on a Friday night when some guy fixed the sleeve slipping off my friend’s shoulder as she walked through the bar. Not paying attention to who it was, she said thanks and went on her merry way. Later the guy and his friend struck up a conversation with my friend, and she slowly realized that it was none other than Brad Renfro and Ethan Embry, picking up girls together in midtown. Of course she immediately went to find me and, being the true stalker that I am, I ditched the random guy I was talking to and sprinted to hang out with them. They invited us back to Brad's hotel, where he proceeded to strum on his guitar until hotel staff came a-knocking. Unfortunately his abundant supply of Grey Goose has blurred the name of his hotel in my memory...but it looked like pretty standard hotel accommodations to me. Brad wanted some coke bad, but managed to just say no for the night. Not for much longer though...his heroine bust in LA came just a few days later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home