Monday, March 06, 2006

Flavor of Love toys with our emotions


So, what did you think of the Oscars? Don't judge me too much, but I really don't care about the Oscars. Of all the Academy Awards, it appeals to me the least, probably because it's the most serious, which I find hard to reconcile since I don't take Hollywood very seriously at all, no matter the caliber of the actor. So, last night I was flipping in between The Oscars and Bad Boys II. Sue me.

After watching the Oscars/Bad Boys II, I remembered I had DVR'ed Sunday's episode of Flavor of Love. UNFORTUNATELY it was not the final episode. It was one of those fucking annoying retrospectives. Cheap VH1 assholes! Anyway, I'll admit it was sort of entertaining to look back at all the quality women who have come through La Maison de Flavor. Remember that crazy bitch Hottie and when she told the other girls they were jealous of her because she looks like Beyonce? Good times. There was a little bit of extra footage that didn't make the show, like Pumkin calling New York a trannie on more than one occasion. Alas, no shots of New York adjusting her hidden package. Bummer!

The extra footage also made it abundantly clear that New York is not in her right mind. I mean, I really think she has fallen creepily head over heels for Flavor Flav, and she also seems to be convinced that she is fucking drop dead gorgeous ("and everybody knows this"). Anyway, this episode was nothing but a tease, and I know we are all looking forward to the finale (next week?) when we find out who will win the grand prize of Flavor's love and great fortune.

As for the Oscars, I thought Michelle Williams' dress was really pretty, but her hair and red lipstick were not, Charlize Theron's gigantic bow magnified what was wrong with her Golden Globes dress, Resse looked amazing, but her speech was too rehersed for me, I'll never understand why the Academy invites Jennifer Lopez, and this was obviously the year of the black man since Slim Thug Three 6 Mafia (I can't keep them straight!) won an Oscar and had by far the greatest performance (although worst most incomprehensible acceptance speech - I guess they genuinely didn't expect that shit) in recent Oscar history.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home