Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Brokeback going to Jamaica


My people don't really care for gays. It's one of the things I like least about Jamaicans. The oppressed have to stick together, right?! Anyway, you know how every other Dancehall song is about killing gays, yeah, in case you didn't, now you know. Jamaicans are totally fixated on gays being unfit to live amongst them, very violently fixated, in fact. I'm not saying all Jamaicans hate gays, but a lot of them (especially macho men) do.

That is why I am shocked they allowed Brokeback Mountain to be released in two movie theaters on the island. Honestly, I'm pretty sure there are only two movie theaters on the island. I could be wrong (maybe there are only 2 in Kingston, but more on the rest of the island), but I don't think I am. So, really Brokeback Mountain is being released in ALL JAMAICAN MOVIE THEATRES! And let me tell you something, Jamaicans don't like Gays, but they LOVE cowboy movies. I have no idea why - it's a weird cultural thing. That and rum. We LOVE rum. And ganja. And anal sex. No, just kidding (about the anal sex part).
[Contact Music]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home