Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Cute. But why?


For some reason there are scientists being paid to get to the bottom of what makes something cute. Even more ridiculous than that - the NY Times' weekly science section made it this week's feature story.

What possible scientific purpose could there be for determining exactly which physical features make something cute, and why people react the way they do to cute? Do scientists plan on making a cute pill or a cute implant/injection, which people would be able to use on their kids or something? I'm a little unsettled by this.

And also, I loved "March of the Penguins", I mean, those penguins really are super cute, but I still don't understand the Panda obsession. I think they have a dumb animal look that I find not to be cute (which might explain my feelings on Kirsten Dunst).

[NY Times]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home