Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Driving in cars with babies in the front seat


So these pictures of Britney Spears in the driver's seat of her car with Sean Preston in her lap have been circulating apparently. This is obviously not a very good idea because babies can't help you drive, so it's not surprising that this would start some controversy. Surprisingly, Britney issued a statement defending her actions and blaming the incident on persistent paparazzi (redundant?).
"Today I had a horrifying, frightful encounter with the paparazzi while I was with my baby. Because of a recent incident when I was trapped in my car without my baby by a throng of paparazzi, I was terrified that this time the physically aggressive paparazzi would put both me and my baby in danger. I instinctively took measures to get my baby and me out of harm's way, but the paparazzi continued to stalk us, and took photos of us which were sold to the media. I love my child and would do anything to protect him."

What? Her instincts told her to drive with her baby in her lap while photographers were chasing them? Further explanation from People:
A source close to Spears explains that the singer drove to Starbucks with her bodyguard in the passenger seat and son Sean in his car seat in the back. When the bodyguard went into the store to get the drinks, Spears took Sean out of his car seat and held him in her lap while she waited. Photographers approached the car, says the source, and became aggressive. Once her bodyguard climbed back into the car, Spears drove away while still holding her son.

Britney Spears is an idiot with very limited common sense who loves her baby very much.
[People]
{Source}
One more pic after the jump.

UPDATE: I'm sorry.
UPDATE: The LA County Department of Children & Family Services is investigating Sean Preston's little joy ride.

Great parenting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home