Sunday, January 29, 2006

SAG Awards

I only caught about 20 minutes of the red carpet show on E! and I stopped watching the awards show at 9, but I think I caught enough to see what everyone was wearing. In general, I think everyone looked nice and managed to keep it classy.

Here are some of the highlights in my opinion:

Kyra Sedgwick

Reese Witherspoon & Ryan Phillipe - I don't know who designed this dress, but I hope it's not another one of Chanel's "vintage" dresses.

Katherine Heigl - I like the gold belt. I pretty much like anything that's gold.

Felicity Huffman - I thought she looked great in this dress and I admire the fact that she's not ashamed of her super tiny tits.

Sandra Oh - her dress is nice and for once she managed to look almost as pretty as an average-looking Korean woman. I thought it was cool that when she got her award she gave a litte shout out to Asian American actors.

What I did see of the awards show was pretty ok. Felicity Huffman was really cute when she got her award. She was glowing the whole time.

When the cast of Desperate Housewives got up to get their award, I noticed that Alfre Woodard and Marcia Cross's dresses were the same color. Don't their stylists communicate about things like this? They should. It was sad because the dresses were individually pretty, but ridiculous-looking together.

Dakota Fanning was the best presenter I saw (she presented Shirley Temple-Black with the Life Acheivement Award). How old is she? She was great.

Ted Danson looks like he's 80 years old. He needs to do something about the white hair and the grandpa glasses. Not a good look.

When Jamie Foxx was presenting, he kept stumbling over his words, and insisted on starting over every time, music and all. He did it three times. It was very bizarre.

After the jump, more good outfits, a few bad ones, a couple I was on the fence about.

Nicollette Sheridan

S. Epatha Merkerson - Her outfit isn't anything special, but I just really like her.

Nancy O'Dell - Man, she looks hot.

Sandra Bullock

Dakota Fanning - If I were 11 or however old she is, I would love to wear this dress. It's very cute and age-appropriate.

Hillary Swank - She always looks like all she had to do was get out of the shower and throw on an amazing dress to walk the red carpet looking better than everyone who spent 7 hours getting ready.

Michelle Williams & Heath Ledger

Jake Gyllenhaal - It's impossible for him to not look hot.

Marg Helgenberger

Patricia Clarkson - Like I said, I have a weakness for gold.

Here are a few bad ones:

Michelle Rodriguez - She looked like she spent a lot of time cleaning up, but her dress was fugly. Shiny, buy fugly.

Geena Davis - The top of her dress was awkward and I was constantly afraid I would see a little bit of her boobies. Very afraid.

Eva Longoria & Tony Parker - I guess they are still together. I think that's great, but Eva looks like Little Bo Peep. It's admirable that Tony tried to match with the shiny purple shirt, which is also kind of ugly, but together they were the worst dressed couple of the night.

Ellen Pompeo - Could her top get any lower? Does she even have breasts under there?

Kevin Bacon - He looks really old.

Thandie Newton - She's georgous, but this dress belongs on a 15 year-old at a Greenwich cotillion. Also, her body is starting to look like Calista Flockhart's.

On the fence:
Mariska Hargitay - I didn't know she was pregnant. I like how this dress looks on her, but that lacy stuff on the neckline is not cute. She looks great though. Totally glowing.

This is a great dress, but her boobs look like they want out. I feel bad for them.

If that sheer thing on top came off, I'd love this dress.

Phew! That was a lot of work. I'm going to watch the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition I DVR'ed

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, where's my shout out, i'm not ashamed of my tiny tits either.

also, i was convinced scott's friend has an asian fetish and i was proven correct when he stated that he thinks sandra oh is super hot.

*g

February 02, 2006 12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home