Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Britney Spears accomplishes the unthinkable: loses money on Manhattan real estate


I'm sure many of you are completely aware of the insanely unreasonable price of real estate in New York City. And it might be difficult for you to imagine the price of any apartment going down (do Kevin Federline's cornrows really have the power to devalue everything they come into contact with?), but Britney Spears recently had to drop the selling price of her Manhattan apartment by more than $1 million.

To be fair to Britney, I'm sure she's still making a decent profit on the apartment and my mom tells me the real estate market is cooling (I have to take her word for it since I don't read news that isn't accompanied by pictures of Paris Hilton waving back at the paparazzi). So, while I'd like to blame Kevin Federline for all aspects of Britney's demise, I suppose this most recent setback could be attributed to poor timing and not his contagious failure. You win this time Kevin!

[Teen Hollywood]
{Picture Source} - the picture is from the Curbed pool on Flickr and was taken from the Brooklyn side of the Manhattan bridge, which is obviously not anywhere close to where Britney Spears's apartment is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home